12 photographs that capture the true beauty of Preston
- Credit: Archant
Our readers share their photos of Preston, with a quite glaring omission.
Preston has a surprising amount of locations for those looking a pretty picture.
The Avenham and Miller parks have the River Ribble at its edge and part of the Guild Wheel cycle route running through it; and nearby Winckley Square is a popular lunchtime spot workers in the city centre.
Further afield the Marina at Preston Docks and Brockholes Nature Reserve near the M6 motorway allow you to take some fantastic reflection images on the calm waters.
And of course there is the architecture, the Harris Library and Musuem in front of the Flag Market is arguably Preston’s most photographed building along with the iconic Bus Station.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 10 Photographic installation raises awareness of isolation
Why don’t you upload your photos of Preston to the reader photo gallery?
All images uploaded to the website will be entered into the 2016 Lancashire Life reader photo competition and we pick the best ones to go into the magazine each month.