12 photographs that capture the true beauty of Saltburn-by-the Sea
- Credit: Archant
Taking photos in this seaside resort can be an uplifting experience.
Brimming with history and tradition, this refined and picturesque Victorian town has such a wealth of outstanding architecture and original features that is perfect for the photographer looking to take a snapshot of a the Yorkshire coast.
In contrast to its built environment, Saltburn has a wealth of more natural charms including beautiful gardens, plenteous areas of preserved woodland, over a mile of curving, golden sands and rugged sea cliffs providing breath-taking views. Visitors of all ages will find something to enjoy.
The stunning seaside resort also has the oldest water balanced cliff tramway in Britain that is still in operation, linking the town with the pier 120 feet below.
Saltburn can proudly boast to being the home town of the infamous ‘Yarnbombers’ who regularly make national news with their fabulous and inspired knitted creations that mysteriously appear during the night.
Surf enthusiasts are in for treat as Saltburn annually hosts one of the UK’s biggest surf competitions, UK Professional Surf Tour, a large event attracting plenty of competitors and spectators alike. The beach front Surf Shop allows visitors to experience the excitement of surfing, surf skiing, boogie boarding and windsurfing.
This part of the world is famous for its fish and chips. A particular highlight is The Seaview Restaurant. This place aims to offer the very best fish and chip dining experience to be enjoyed by all the family in the most wonderful setting in the country.
Why don’t you upload your Saltburn photos to the reader photo gallery? We pick the best ones each month to go in the magazine.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 6 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way