Enter the 2020 Cheshire Life reader photo competition
- Credit: Archant
Cameras at the ready. Cheshire Life’s annual hunt to find the county’s best amateur photographer has begun
Cheshire has some of the country's most captivating landscapes. We want amateur photographers to capture them for the chance to win a spectacular prize. From Wirral's waterways to the Cheshire Plain, we want you to add your best shots of the county to our online gallery, which is home to the best collection of contemporary photos of Cheshire.
All the pictures uploaded to the site are automatically entered into the competition, which is once again sponsored by award winning independent camera retailer Wilkinson Cameras, who have provided some great prizes for our winners. Our top amateur photographer this year will receive a Sony Cybershot RX100 III camera and a 32GB media card worth a total of £500. The second prize winner will be given Wilkinson Cameras gift vouchers to the value of £150, with a £75 Wilkinson Cameras gift voucher as the third prize.
There are just two rules: the competition is only open to amateur photographers and pictures must be taken in Cheshire, Wirral or North Wales.
The closing date for the competition is Friday September 25th and after that date, our judges will begin the hard task of selecting a shortlist.
The camera champions
To enter our photography competition in association with Wilkinson Cameras, go to the Photos section on the website and click on the 'Upload a Photo' tab. . It's free to register and you'll be in with a chance of winning the fantastic prizes mentioned above. Wilkinson Cameras is an award-winning, independent photo retailer with 10 stores throughout the North West as well as an online store at wilkinson.co.uk. Get snapping.
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District