26 June at 2pm: Live Body Cast In Hoopers Window
- Credit: Archant
SEE Art Fair Artists Sale For Charity
In support of chYps Children’s Hospice at Home, from 26 June Hoopers department store in Tunbridge Wells is giving valuable window space to several South East England Art Fair exhibitors who are taking the theme ‘Sale’ to create works inspired by the store’s popular summer sale that commences that day.
To publicise both the sale of this work to support the charity and the forthcoming art fair, Olympian body cast sculptor Louise Giblin MA MRBS has been asked to cast in public for the first time.
Her model, local fitness instructor, Stacey Waite will lie on a treatment bed in the window from 2pm on the 26 June while Louise casts a ‘plaster dress’ from her body.
Louise Wright, Fundraising Manager, is delighted for ChYps to be the chosen charity:
“We very excited about the event at Hoopers and the SeeArt sale exhibition. We know all money raised will enable chYps to reach out to many seriously ill babies, children and young adults locally.
As a charity we are reliant on the community for funding and really hope people will feel encouraged to purchase this artwork knowing they are helping such a worthy local cause.”
- 1 Devon coast to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 2 Ball and Boe announce a new album for 2022
- 3 The life and death of Manchester Arena bombing victim Martyn Hett
- 4 What's on in Norfolk June 2022
- 5 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: 13 events to celebrate in Cornwall
- 9 10 Cheshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Why you should move to Cromford
The inaugural SEE (South East England) Art Fair is to be held at the Assembly Hall Theatre, Royal Tunbridge Wells 10-13 July. Galleries and art groups from London and the south east will showcase artists working in a variety of media and disciplines. As well as supporting chYps, the Directors, Strarta at Saatchi Curator Guy Portelli FRBS and artist Mark Paul Perry have involved several high-profile local businesses, including Hoopers as sponsors for this major event. www.seeartfair.co.uk
For more information about chYps and how to buy the Hoopers window artwork contact Louise Wright on 07557 110290 or email email@example.com
South East England Art Fair: www.seeartfair.co.uk
Private View for Press and Collectors July 9th 6-10pm and will open to the public: July 10th 11am-5pm, July 11th 11am-8pm, Saturday 12th 11am-6pm, Sunday 13th 11am-5pm. www.seeartfair.co.uk