5 top tips when travelling over Christmas & New Year
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Travel is pretty busy most times of the year, but over the Christmas & New Year this is particularly so.
1 - Airports are particularly busy, but for around £16 each, you can get into one of the lounges, which are an oasis from the hustle and bustle of the airport.
2 - For an early start, stay at an airport hotel the night before.
3 - If you are travelling between Christmas and the New Year – check public transport is running normally.
4 - Keep your home secure – leave some lights on and minimum heating to save pipes freezing.
5 - Social media may be fine, but telling the world you are away could be useful information for a would-be burglar; don’t forget to set your security settings!
Martin Wellings, PST Travel
- 1 Slade star's wife gets two-book deal – without trading on her famous name
- 2 The life and death of Manchester Arena bombing victim Martyn Hett
- 3 Cotswold designers win big at Chelsea Flower Show in 2022
- 4 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 6 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 7 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 22 fab half term and Jubilee activities in Devon
- 9 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Noddy Holder's wife: my guide to being married to a rock star