A history of Yorkshire in 70 objects - part 3
- Credit: Archant
The final part of the fascinating series marking our 70th anniversary. We have worked with museums and historic homes around the county to produce this unique collection of items which help to tell Yorkshire’s story.
See for yourself
There wonderful museums all over Yorkshire which are packed with fascinating artefacts and brilliant artworks. Visit them and learn more about Yorkshire’s past. Please check opening times and admission prices beofre you travel.
Have we missed your favourite museum piece? Let us know what you think should have been in our list of objects that tell the story of Yorkshire. Email us at email@example.com or join the discussion on Twitter @Yorkshire_Life.
We are grateful to all the museums and other venues which took part in this project and to Museum Development Yorkshire for their valuable assistance.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 3 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 4 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 5 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District