Aldeburgh: Suffolk Craft Society 42nd summer exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Songs of the Sea 42nd Annual Summer Exhibition July 14 – August 26 Peter Pears Gallery, High Street, Aldeburgh
For the past 41 years, the Suffolk Craft Society’s summer show has been attracting thousands of visitors eager to sample the finest and most recent work by members of the third largest craft society in the UK.
In the heart of Aldeburgh in a prestigious gallery space, this is the society’s finest showcase and this year ties in with the Benjamin Britten Centenary, which has placed the picturesque coastal town high on the cultural agenda.
Inspired by Britten – as indeed he was by the arts - the haunting and evocative title of this year’s show is Songs of the Sea.
“Tying in Britten’s Centenary and music with our Summer Exhibition is obvious, as his legacy is everywhere in Aldeburgh,” says Sally Pirkis, jewellery maker and the exhibition designer.
Prices in the show range from just a few pounds for handmade bags, brooches, cards and unframed prints, to larger sums for furniture, framed prints and precious jewellery. There are also beautiful ceramics, furniture, glass and metal work, basket weaving and carvings all made to the exceptionally high standards demanded of the society’s members, having undergone a rigorous selection process, with many specifically made to tie in with the theme.
Open daily 10am – 5pm, closed 1-2pm for lunch
- 1 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 2 Antiques Roadshow expert Ronnie Archer Morgan's incredible life story
- 3 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 4 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 5 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 6 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 7 See photos of the last time Ladybower revealed its submerged village
- 8 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 9 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 10 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
Admission £1 – Children Free
For further information on the exhibition, contact 07522 220576
Members of the press will receive invites to the Private View in the post. To request an invite or for more information, please contact: Lucy Etherington on 07584 123 852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org