Ambitions of a Boy
- Credit: Archant
Oxford-based Christian Alexander Oberschneider completes his collaborative musical project: Ambitions of a Boy, a reflection of the aspirations of a young boy through a collection of music and poetry.
Christian Alexander Oberschneider, aged 10, has produced a CD entitled ‘Ambitions of a Boy’. With the help of his singing teacher, Maxwell David from the Sylvia Young Theatre School, Christian chose the CD theme, organised scheduling, chose pieces and worked with composer Richard Norris on original compositions and arrangements of traditional classics including ‘O Peaceful England’, ‘Down by the Salley Gardens’ and ‘Trade Winds’.
When considering a summer project, Christian was torn between art and music, but was able to combine both interests with the CD insert being “The Catcher” - his painting of a kingfisher. While Christian mostly sings on Ambitions of a Boy, he chimes in on piano, marimba and violin at various points. He was delighted that fellow St. Giles chorister Peter Ussher was able to sing with him on some songs, as was local musician Andrew MacFarlane.
Christian is currently a 3rd year student at Summer Fields Oxford, where he sings in the Red Choir and where he recently sang one of his ABRSM Grade 7 Singing pieces ‘Lascia Ch’io Pianga’. He also studies piano, percussion and violin, and has tried his hand at composition and arranging.
When the possibility of selling his CD arose, Christian decided he would donate half of the proceeds from the sale of Ambitions of a Boy to his school, Summer Fields Oxford, which is celebrating its 150th anniversary, contributing to the effort to build a new sports pavilion.
The CD is on sale in Blackwell’s Music in Oxford at 48-51 Broad Street.
- 1 Where to watch the Perseids meteor shower in East Anglia
- 2 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 3 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 4 National Afternoon Tea Week: 10 of the best tearooms in Kent
- 5 4 of the best places for open water swimming in Hampshire
- 6 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 7 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 10 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
For more information on Christian or the CD, email: email@example.com