Artist profile - Ann M Holmes, Hebden Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Meet Ann M Holmes a fine art and landscape photographer based in the Pennine hill town of Hebden Bridge
‘I strive to capture the richness and variety in all its forms of subjects ranging from landscape to flora and fauna achieved with a pared down approach using detailed observation through the viewfinder of my Nikon D800 and a small selection of quality lenses renowned for their optical sharpness.
This may entail several hours exploring my chosen subject’s unspoken narrative whether this is a hillside view, a pier, a derelict farm or a single flower. I aim for finely balanced compositions and believe in producing evocative images that compel the viewer to look closely into the scene and engage emotionally.
My latest project, ‘Nay More’, is a study of abandoned moorland hill farms in the Calder Valley. I have tirelessly explored the local landscape in an attempt not just to capture the unique characters of these crumbling buildings, but to convey something of the agricultural history in each. As a farmer’s daughter I felt the need to reconnect the viewer with a sense of occupancy, taking us past the ruined building itself to a reflection on past lives lived.
I have exhibited as a solo photographer and participated in several group exhibitions in the North West in the last two decades.’
Ann’s Arran landscapes will be on display at the Arran Distillery next Easter.
Her artisan prints, produced to the most exacting standards using the finest possible archival materials, can be framed to order. Images are also available for a range of publishing uses.
- 1 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 The Somerset villages with the strangest names
- 5 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 6 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 7 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 10 5 stunning summer walks in Suffolk
For more information about Ann’s work call 0787 0423377 or go to annmholmes.co.uk.