Bristol Bach Choir at the Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
On 22 March Bristol Bach Choir will be performing Rachmaninov’s stunning Vespers along with some of John Tavener’s deeply moving music, including his Song for Athene which was performed at the funeral of Princess Diana.
Bristol Cathedral is the venue for a concert full of atmosphere, special lighting effects and of course, fabulous music.
The audience is also in for a real treat hearing a star in the making, soprano Vivian Yau, who will sing Tavener’s Lament of the Mother of God. Although only just 18 and still a pupil at Wells Cathedral Music School, Vivian has already performed at New York’s Carnegie Hall, won international prizes for her singing and has been offered major scholarships at several world- renowned music colleges.
The concert takes place on 22 March at 7.30 in Bristol Cathedral.
Tickets cost between £10-25 and are available online at bristolbach.org.uk or by phoning 0117 214 0721.
- 1 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 2 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 3 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 What's on in Norfolk June 2022
- 5 10 Cheshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Ball and Boe announce a new album for 2022
- 8 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: 13 events to celebrate in Cornwall
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 10 Cotswolds events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee