Bristol Bach Choir at the Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
On 22 March Bristol Bach Choir will be performing Rachmaninov’s stunning Vespers along with some of John Tavener’s deeply moving music, including his Song for Athene which was performed at the funeral of Princess Diana.
Bristol Cathedral is the venue for a concert full of atmosphere, special lighting effects and of course, fabulous music.
The audience is also in for a real treat hearing a star in the making, soprano Vivian Yau, who will sing Tavener’s Lament of the Mother of God. Although only just 18 and still a pupil at Wells Cathedral Music School, Vivian has already performed at New York’s Carnegie Hall, won international prizes for her singing and has been offered major scholarships at several world- renowned music colleges.
The concert takes place on 22 March at 7.30 in Bristol Cathedral.
Tickets cost between £10-25 and are available online at bristolbach.org.uk or by phoning 0117 214 0721.
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 7 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 8 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 9 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 10 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie