CALLING ALL SURFING SANTA'S
Fistral Beach will be hosting the third Santa surf on Sunday 4th December from as part of its Santa Surfing & Fun Run competition.
To help spread some Christmas cheer the parking that day at Fistral is free and "The Stable" are offering a 10% discount for all competitors.
The Santa Surf and Fun run is, organized by the Fistral Surf Center and Cornwall Hospice Care it started three years ago when the Fistral surf center organized the UK's first surfing Santa fomie comp raising funds for the Joe Way Appeal.
Matt Way, from the Joe Way Appeal said, "It's great to be part of the surfing Santa event and I enjoy taking part as it lots of fun and the only chance I will get to surf in a competition. We gave the funds for the first year to Cornwall Hospice Care and they moved the run to Fistral beach so there is something for everyone".
The surfing Santa's will be competing to win some great prizes and the "Santa Foamie Surfing Contest", which starts at 10.00am, is all about having fun. There will be an open division for men & women alongside an U16's division which see all the competitors wearing Santa outfits over their wetsuits.
Jenny Briant, surf event organizer said, "Last year's event was so much fun with a real mix of abilities and ages, we cannot wait to see hundreds of Santa's taking over the beach."
Matt added "Christmas is always a hard time of the year for us and our four other children as Joe loved all the fun Christmas brings, however this is a fun way to remember him and raise money for a great Cornish charity".
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great pubs
- 5 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 6 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 7 Why James Bond actor Timothy Dalton is proud of his Belper roots
- 8 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 9 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
To enter the Santa Surf pop into or contact Fistral Surf Hire entries receive a FREE Santa suit.