Cornish cycle route named best in the UK
- Credit: fourfive
New research has revealed the top five routes for a cycling holiday.
Staycations are as popular as ever and with summer just around the corner it’s time to get planning your next trip around the UK.
For those who want to get away with family this summer, cycling holidays in the UK are a great option for a family holiday.
For novice riders and families, nearly flat and traffic-free routes are the best bet for a stress-free cycling holiday. That’s why health and wellness brand, fourfive, has researched the best routes for a relaxing cycling holiday in the UK.
Analysing route distance, the percentage of the route that is traffic-free, and the number of excellent Tripadvisor reviews fourfive has determined the best cycling routes in the UK for your next staycation.
In top position is the Camel Trail, North Cornwall. Stretching 27.8km from Padstow to Wenfordbridge, the Camel Trail has secured its spot as a firm family favourite with 516 “excellent” Tripdvisor reviews. The route runs alongside picturesque beaches and quaint Cornish towns.
Landscape and wildlife designations abound, contrasts in scenery are striking and access to country and seaside towns provide opportunities to use local shops, pubs and visit attractions. Visitors can easily hire bikes in Padstow, Wadebridge and Bodmin. The trail provides access in to the heart of North Cornwall, and experienced cyclists can make off, away from the trail exploring the many villages and country lanes which lie close to the trail.
Want more from Cornwall Life?
- 1 I've been taking time out - here's why, says Susie Fowler-Watt
- 2 12 fab things to do in Paignton
- 3 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 4 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
- 5 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 6 Win an original watercolour painting of Hadleigh Castle
- 7 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 Cornwall pub walk named second best in the UK
- 10 Win a relaxing four-day retreat in Devon, plus other goodies
- Amazing wildlife you can spot in Cornwall
- New collection reveals Cornwall's dark history
- Here's what we thought of St Enodoc Hotel's taster menu