Cheshire Life Reader Photos - August 2014
- Credit: Archant
Our annual search for the county’s finest amateur photographer closes next month, so don’t delay – get snapping today. We’re looking for the best pictures of Cheshire and we have some terrific prizes to give away.
Once the competition closes on Friday September 19, the judges will select a shortlist of 12 photos which will be considered for use in the 2015 Cheshire Life calendar. They will then choose a top three who will win brilliant prizes selected by competition sponsors Wilkinson’s Cameras.
The first prize winner will receive a Canon EOS 100D and EF-S 18-55 IS STM worth £479.99, second prize is a Canon Powershot S120 worth £399.99 and if your picture comes in third place you’ll win a Canon Powershot SX 510 worth £219.99 (all prices correct as of March 2014).
There are just two rules: the competition is not open to professional photographers and pictures must be taken in Cheshire, Manchester or North Wales. And remember, it doesn’t have to be a landscape - we love to see people and animals in your photos too.
Cheshire Life picture editor John Cocks and David Parkinson from Wilkinson’s Cameras will be on the judging panel along with editor Louise Taylor who said: ‘It is always a difficult job to choose a shortlist and this year looks like being no easier. The quality of the pictures sent in so far has been stunning.
‘But there are so many great views to be found in Cheshire that I’m sure we will see even more brilliant pictures submitted in the few weeks before the closing date.’ n
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 5 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Festive light switch-ons & festivities
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 7 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 8 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 9 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 10 Yorkshire's best boutique hotels named