CORNISH ART IN FOCUS: LIZARD ART SPRING FAIR
Submissions have poured into Lizard Art for its annual Spring Fair at Trelowarren.
The organisation reports that artists and their work have now been selected.
“Following last year’s huge success of the first ever Spring Art Fair at Trelowarren, this year’s event promises to be a really cracking show,” says chair Janet Judge.
“The call for submissions brought forward a record number of entries from artists working all over Cornwall. While the standard of work last year was really good this year it is even higher making the choice of the selection panel a very difficult task indeed.
“The 31 selected artists will be exhibiting alongside highly acclaimed guest artist Andrew Tozer and the 15 members of the Lizard Art Co-operative.
“The exhibition will show a huge diversity of art so something to please every eye.”
The exhibition at Stable Yard Gallery, Trelowarren Estate, Mawgan, Nr Helston will be opened by Sir Ferres Vyvyan at 12 noon on March 29 and will then open daily from 11am to 4pm until April 12.
- 1 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 2 WIN a weekend escape at St. Mellion Estate, Cornwall
- 3 22 of the best South Devon pubs with views of the coast
- 4 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 5 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 6 Why you should move to Kirk Langley near Derby
- 7 Why you should move to Alderley Edge
- 8 The best beer gardens in Hertfordshire
- 9 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Kent
- 10 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
The Stable Yard Gallery will then close until April 17 when the first Lizard Art Exhibition of the season entitled 15 Ways of Seeing’ will open. This aptly named exhibition will showcase the work of the 15 strong co-operative of artists, opening as usual between the hours of 11am and 4pm daily.