CORNWALL TREASURE HUNT: LOST LEGO BEACH WRECKING
18 years ago a rogue wave struck a container ship off the Cornish coast and amongst the 62 containers that were washed overboard was one containing five million pieces of Lego
More than 18 years ago a rogue wave struck a container ship off the Cornish coast and among the 62 containers that were washed overboard was one containing five million pieces of Lego bound for the United States.
Even today the pieces are being washed up on Cornish beaches and Fox Club, the junior section of Cornwall Wildlife Trust, hopes to find some of them when they take part in a beach clean on Sunday 28th July near Marazion.
Event: Beach Clean and Beachcomb
Date and time of event: Sunday 28 June. 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Where to meet: near Marazion
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 7 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 8 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 9 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 10 The 11 best Christmas markets in Somerset 2021
Booking essential: Fox Club 01872 273939 / email@example.com
Cost of event: free, but donations to Fox Club welcomed
Even if the wreckers don’t find any Lego they will be using other flotsam to turn into beach craft. The event from 1.30pm to 4.30pm is led by Kirstie Francis, Fox Club Manager, supported by Lego Lost at Sea and Newquay Beachcombing groups.
Booking is essential, please phone Fox Club on 01872 273939. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, aged 18+.
For more details, and other forthcoming events please go to cornwallwildlifetrust.org.uk/foxclub