Ed Kluz exhibition on follies opens at Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Credit: Archant
Fanciful and fantastic buildings are celebrated in a new exhibition
Artist, illustrator and printmaker Ed Kluz celebrates the eccentric, uncanny and overlooked follies, temples and towers that dot the British landscape including oddities in his home county of Yorkshire in a new exhibition this winter.
Sheer Folly – Fanciful Buildings of Britain at Yorkshire Sculpture Park features original paper collages, scraper boards and prints inspired by fantastical and fanciful buildings including the lost Belle Vista tower, which once stood in the grounds of Bretton Hall, now home to YSP.
Vibrant, meticulous and sometimes dark aspects of Kluz’s work reflect the many different characters and styles of British architecture over the last 500 years. He depicts a varied collection of some of the most intriguing oddities, often hidden and forgotten. Celebrated and familiar buildings also feature, including a series of six prints directly inspired by The Landmark Trust properties.
All works in Sheer Folly – Fanciful Buildings of Britain are available to buy, along with an exclusive range of merchandise for YSP Shop including a silk scarf, tote bag, mugs and side plate.
Kluz was born in 1980 and grew up in Swaledale, North Yorkshire. He studied fine art at the Winchester School of Art. His clients include the V&A, Faber & Faber, Folio Society, John Murray publishers, Little Toller Books and St Jude’s.
YSP has led successful exhibitions with some of the UK’s best-known artists and designers including Mark Hearld, Angie Lewin, Emily Sutton, Rob Ryan and Alice Pattullo. YSP Shop showcases original work by international artists and contemporary designers and makers.
- 1 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 7 Blue Flag Beaches in Kent 2021
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 10 Win a two-night stay for two at the Telegraph Hotel in Coventry
Photographs courtesy of Ed Kluz and Yorkshire Sculpture Park
Sheer Folly - Fanciful Buildings of Britain runs until February 25th, 2018
Find out more at ysp.org.uk