FIVE THINGS TO DO THIS HALF TERM
Don't be bored this half-term go out and discover Cornwall and beyond!
Reputedly the childhood home of King Arthur, this magical castle on the coastline is the perfect place to enjoy its history, myths and the stunning scenery – who cares if the stories are real!
Find your favourite walk
With more than 300 miles of coastal path in Cornwall it is an amazing way to see the county’s coastline. Find your perfect walk at s
Lost Gardens of Heligan
Turned 25 in 2015, the Lost Gardens of Heligan could have ended up as a rare breed pig farm – but for the quick thinking of Tim Smit and a whole host of dedicated staff and volunteers who have turned it into one of the celebrated garden wonders of the world.
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
Padstow Lobster Hatchery
The National Lobster Hatchery in Falmouth illustrates Cornwall’s commitment to this most precious of seafood. The visitor centre gives a peak behind the schemes at the various stages of lobsters from eggs to juveniles and there are exhibits of mature lobsters. But far from petitioning to stop people eating lobster, the hatchery promotes sustainability and works with fisherman.
Take a trip to the stars At the Maritime Museum
As part of the Museum’s Starstruck event, from February 13-15, visitors can get a 360 degree view of our spectacular solar system and explore the wonders of space and be amazed by astronomy.
Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society Simon Ould will be leading sessions in the huge Space Odyssey planetarium dome, which will be set up in the Main Hall.