FIVE THINGS TO DO THIS HALF TERM
Don't be bored this half-term go out and discover Cornwall and beyond!
Reputedly the childhood home of King Arthur, this magical castle on the coastline is the perfect place to enjoy its history, myths and the stunning scenery – who cares if the stories are real!
Find your favourite walk
With more than 300 miles of coastal path in Cornwall it is an amazing way to see the county’s coastline. Find your perfect walk at s
Lost Gardens of Heligan
Turned 25 in 2015, the Lost Gardens of Heligan could have ended up as a rare breed pig farm – but for the quick thinking of Tim Smit and a whole host of dedicated staff and volunteers who have turned it into one of the celebrated garden wonders of the world.
- 1 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 2 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 3 The Essex Serpent: Essex filming locations for the 2022 TV adaptation
- 4 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 5 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 8 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 9 9 secret Devon gardens opening to visitors this spring
- 10 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
Padstow Lobster Hatchery
The National Lobster Hatchery in Falmouth illustrates Cornwall’s commitment to this most precious of seafood. The visitor centre gives a peak behind the schemes at the various stages of lobsters from eggs to juveniles and there are exhibits of mature lobsters. But far from petitioning to stop people eating lobster, the hatchery promotes sustainability and works with fisherman.
Take a trip to the stars At the Maritime Museum
As part of the Museum’s Starstruck event, from February 13-15, visitors can get a 360 degree view of our spectacular solar system and explore the wonders of space and be amazed by astronomy.
Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society Simon Ould will be leading sessions in the huge Space Odyssey planetarium dome, which will be set up in the Main Hall.