From Tripods to Tracks: New Dates Announced for East Lancashire Railway Photo Courses
- Credit: Archant
New Spring/Summer dates have been announced for photography courses at the East Lancashire Railway, runin partnership with North West Photography Courses.
The courses ran as a trial last summer and the interest has exceeded expectations according to ELR Marketing Manager, Kate Walker; “Enthusiasts have loved getting up close to the engines and capturing the ongoing work on locos as well as getting an insight into what goes on behind the scenes at a busy heritage railway.”
The day long courses see photographers receive expert led tuition on new techniques adapted to their own ability and go behind the scenes at the railway to areas normally closed to the public, such as the engine sheds and inside the UK’s largest vintage railway signal box. Photographers of any skill level are welcomed, from budding snappers to veteran shutterbugs, and with the group limited to five people there is plenty of time for one –to-one teaching.
The day begins with a briefing before exploring different camera techniques and photo composition ideas on the platform at the ELR’s famous Bolton Street Station. It’s then all aboard one of the Lancs heritage locos for an on location shoot at Irwell Valley station, with its picturesque scenery and great vantage points of trains steaming up and down the line, where participants can hone their new skills. On returning to Bolton Street, photographers are guided around the sheds and engine yards where the work going on to maintain and restore engines and carriages provide exclusive opportunities to capture scenes not available elsewhere.
The Spring/Summer 2015 Photography Course calendar has been announced and dates below are bookable:
Saturday 28th February
- 1 Devon coast to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 2 The life and death of Manchester Arena bombing victim Martyn Hett
- 3 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Ball and Boe announce a new album for 2022
- 5 What's on in Norfolk June 2022
- 6 10 Cheshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: 13 events to celebrate in Cornwall
- 10 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
Saturday 28th March
Wednesday 8th April
Saturday 11th April
Wednesday 22nd April
Saturday 25th April
Wednesday 6th May
Saturday 9th May
Wednesday 20th May
Saturday 23rd May
Wednesday 10th June
Saturday 13th June
Wednesday 24th June
Saturday 27th June
Photography Courses are £120 per person and include expert tuition, travel ticket, free parking, refreshments and lunch. Further information and to book a Photography Course, visit www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk or call 0161 764 7790.