Gerry Judah’s BENGAL: The Four Elements exhibition at Grizedale Forest Gallery
- Credit: Archant
The world renowned artist’s work will be on display until September
Work by renowned international artist Gerry Judah is now on show at Grizedale Forest Gallery.
The solo exhibition, BENGAL: The Four Elements brings together a striking body of work which is displayed in a stunning gallery space which provides a perfect setting to view these thought provoking works.
Judah was born in 1951 in Calcutta and grew up there before his family moved to London when he was ten years old. The artworks on display in this exhibition have developed over a number of years since he returned to India in 2013.
Hazel Stone, Arts Development Manager for Forestry England at Grizedale Forest said: “We are delighted to be able to bring this exhibition to Grizedale Forest, and be able to invite people back to the gallery.
Visitors will gain insight into a sculptor’s process, from thinking through ideas and forms through drawing to the production of beautifully crafted sculptures. A common theme are rickshaws from which each response to the individual elements ?ow as the artist brings together his childhood memories and thoughts on climate change into dynamic drawings and fascinating forms.”
The exhibition is open from 11am-3pm daily until September 9th and admission is free.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 8 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 9 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings