Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
- Credit: Archant
A friendly, unpretentious, luxury hotel set in the beautiful Lake District, Gilpin has been family owned & run since 1987.
When you stay at Gilpin, you’re not just choosing a bedroom, you’re choosing an interior design with fabulous fabrics and furnishings. We have evolved Gilpin Hotel over 25 years, spreading out instead of up, so 14 of the 20 bedrooms lead directly onto the gardens, 6 with private decking & cedarwood hot tubs. Gilpin Lake House is a sanctuary, where just 6 suites exclusively enjoy 100 acres of grounds, a beautiful 4 acre lake, & the Jetty Spa.
Enjoy drinks in the hotel’s stylish bar before dining in one of 4 intimate dining rooms. Head Chef Dan Grigg ensures exquisite cuisine in the 3 AA Rosette restaurant celebrating some of the finest Lake District produce and West Coast seafood; the 5-course menu has plenty of choice.
There are no weddings, conferences or children under 7 to disturb the peace, just warm smiles, fresh flowers, & friendly, unpretentious service.
For Lake House guests, the spa treatment room has been built to blend with the environment, raised 3 metres into the tree canopy, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the lake. The Jetty Spa Trail is a bespoke journey designed to gently stimulate and revive the senses. Begin with a consultation to create personalised spa products just for you, then a private swim followed a relaxing salt snug and a reviving salt scrub shower. Through the woods to an aroma massage with an amazing view, followed by green tea and appetisers on the jetty. To top it off? Champagne in the hot tub, and bespoke spa goodies to take home. The ultimate goal - a deep relaxation that will stay with you for a long time. Quiet, untouched, and devoid of traffic or people the setting instils a sense of peace and calm.
- 1 22 of the best South Devon pubs with views of the coast
- 2 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 3 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Kent
- 6 10 of the best pubs to visit in Hampshire
- 7 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 8 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
- 9 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
Relais & Chateaux, AA ‘England Hotel of the Year 2012’, ETB ‘Small Hotel of the Year 2012’, the Catey ‘Independent Hotel of the Year 2013’, Condé Nast Johansens ‘Country House Hotel of the Year 2013’.