Graeme of Thrones is coming to Guildford
- Credit: Archant
After a sold-out, critically acclaimed West End season, sold-out shows in Australia and prior to dates across America, Graeme of Thrones will be coming to Guildford on May 5
Graeme of Thrones takes a unique and fun theatrical journey through the Seven Kingdoms with avid Game of Thrones super fan Graeme and cohorts, ex-crush Briony and best friend Paul, as they attempt to impress a producer and show the world how everyone’s favourite sweary fantasy TV series should have been made. Created by a team of some of the UK’s top comedy writers, Graeme of Thrones is a wacky and wicked take on the international phenomenon that is Game Of Thrones. See it before the inevitable lawsuit.
Writer and BAFTA winner Jon Brittain said: “Graeme of Thrones is a parody/farce/show-within-a-show/loving-homage. It’s nice to be in a room where being an retentive fanboy is actually a good thing! The writing team had a lovely time geeking out and discussing how ridiculous Ser Jorah and Littlefiger’s voices are, how Daenerys really should have double checked there was a no-nudity clause in her contract, and how Jon Snow really is incredibly boring (but so pretty!).”
Graeme of Thrones stars Ali Brice (creator of Fringe sensation Eric Meat) as Graeme, Libby Northedge (part of award-winning duo Twisted Loaf) as Bryony and Mark Davison (part of internet sketch trio The Exploding Heads) as Paul.
Graeme of Thrones is directed by Sam Bailey (co-founder of Parrot In The Tank Theatre) and written by Toby Park (Artistic Director of Spymonkey), Andrew Doyle (writer of the musical adaptation of Terry Pratchet’s Soul Music) and Dan Evans (Thanks a Lot Milton Jones, Mock The Week, Live at the Apollo). The script consultant is John Brittain (creator of Edinburgh Fringe hit Margaret Thatcher, Queen Of Soho, and a Fosters Comedy Award winning director).
For more information, visit the website: www.graemeofthrones.com
For tickets visit the GLive website
Or call the Box Office: 01483 369350
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 6 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 7 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire