Guildford Guitar Weekend launches new International Guitar Research Centre
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Guildford Guitar Weekend marks the launch of the International Guitar Research Centre (IGRC) at the University of Surrey.
The IGRC aims to establish an international hub for guitar-centred research in all styles of music in Guildford.
From Saturday March 29 to Sunday March 30, Guildford Guitar Weekend will see lecture-recitals, papers and discussion panels running in tandem with a series of public events and recitals.
Honorary president of the IGRC, Australian classical guitarist John Williams heads up a packed bill of exciting international artists.
Guest artists will include Xuefei Yang, The Amadeus Guitar Duo, Bridget Mermikides, Declan Zapala and Michael Partington.
The weekend pass (including all public events) costs £60 for adults and £25 for students (one day: £45/£15).
For more information, visit www.surrey.ac.uk/guitar
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 8 great family walks in the North West
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire