Guildford Guitar Weekend launches new International Guitar Research Centre
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Guildford Guitar Weekend marks the launch of the International Guitar Research Centre (IGRC) at the University of Surrey.
The IGRC aims to establish an international hub for guitar-centred research in all styles of music in Guildford.
From Saturday March 29 to Sunday March 30, Guildford Guitar Weekend will see lecture-recitals, papers and discussion panels running in tandem with a series of public events and recitals.
Honorary president of the IGRC, Australian classical guitarist John Williams heads up a packed bill of exciting international artists.
Guest artists will include Xuefei Yang, The Amadeus Guitar Duo, Bridget Mermikides, Declan Zapala and Michael Partington.
The weekend pass (including all public events) costs £60 for adults and £25 for students (one day: £45/£15).
For more information, visit www.surrey.ac.uk/guitar
- 1 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 13 of the best places to get coffee in Hampshire
- 4 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 5 Norfolk's beautiful Blue Flag beaches 2021
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 Win a luxury stay at The Atlantic Hotel in Jersey