- Credit: Archant
Are you looking for a holiday or weekend break in a beautiful environment?
Are you looking for a holiday or weekend break in a beautiful environment? A short break close to The Lakes that’s safe enough for the kids or dogs to run free, yet comfortable enough to let you all really relax?
Halecat House is a unique self-catering country house set in 2000 acres of ancient woodland in the South Cumbrian village of Witherslack. This special property is all about mixing character and comfort, from the piano and library in the hall, to the dining room that’s made for a family meal.
Accommodating 10/11 in four bedrooms, Halecat really comes into its own in the summer. The large terrace with stunning views of Morecambe Bay and Arnside gives way to a series of wild and sculpted gardens, and the vast woodland beyond. Halecat provides easy access to The Central Lakes, but if you prefer to stay local, you can have afternoon tea on the terrace, while the kids blow bubbles or play croquet or football on the lawn.
- 1 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 2 Where to watch the Perseids meteor shower in East Anglia
- 3 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 4 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 5 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 6 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 7 4 of the best places for open water swimming in Hampshire
- 8 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
You can hike up the nearest fell, follow a trail to our walkers’ rest or go looking for rare orchids. You can camp out in the garden, book a session in one of the nearby riding stables, or walk down to the pub for a pint. One thing is for sure; you won’t be bored.
The Halecat woodlands provide a sanctuary for wildlife, particularly rare butterflies. The estate provides a workplace and inspiration to artists. And the house provides a peaceful escape from the world. As soon as you enter the long sweep of the drive you’ll understand what we mean.
Halecat House is part of family life and has been for generations. It is part of a working country estate with woodyard and garden centre. It is part of a traditional English village with community shop and pub. And it is part of the countryside, with walking and biking trails on the doorstep. Why don’t you come and be a part of it too?