HANNAH WOODMAN: BETWEEN THE ELEMENTS AND THE ARTIST
Preview Event: Saturday 22nd July, 6 – 8pm
This Summer Cornish landscape painter Hannah Woodman will unveil Between the Elements and the Artists, an exhibition of new paintings at Tremenheere Gallery; part of the award winning Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens in Penzance.
This new body of work is a direct response to the dramatic landscape of Tremenheere and the surrounding environment. Speaking about the exhibition Hannah says looking out towards the sea and St Michael’s Mount, there is a strong connection between the elements and the artist. A sense of history hangs in the air, sitting quietly alongside the beautifully regenerated gardens and contemporary artwork.’
Collectors and admirers of Hannah’s work will see the influence of great traditional landscape painters such as J.M.W Turner and Stanhope Forbes, with a focus on the intrinsic power of nature and the awe-inspiring qualities of the elements at work. I can’t think of a more appropriate setting to pause and reflect on the relationship we have with our environment than Tremenheere’ states Hannah.
The exhibition will be located on the lower floor of Tremenheere Gallery and will also feature a collection of new ceramics by internationally acclaimed potter Jack Doherty, who lives and works in nearby Mousehole. The upper floor will be transformed with an exhibition of recent paintings by naive inspired, Penzance based artist Bob Bourne.
Hannah Woodman: Between the Elements and the Artist will run at Tremenheere Gallery between 23rd July and 28th August, with an opening event on Saturday 22nd July, 6 – 8pm. The gallery is open Tuesday – Sunday, 11am – 4pm. All works will be available to buy.
Location: Tremenheere Gallery, Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 8YL
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 3 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 9 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 10 6 great walks near Skipton