Kirkham Grammar Junior School
- Credit: Archant
The Junior School is a thriving co-educational day school for children aged 3-11 years, providing outstanding teaching, pastoral care and extra-curricular activities, which are designed to give girls and boys the best possible start in life.
We offer a safe and secure environment in which every child is nurtured to achieve their full potential within a well developed system of pastoral care, and we enjoy the support of parents, grandparents and other family members in creating a close knit school community.
Kirkham Grammar Junior School, founded in 1991, is situated opposite the Senior School (founded 1549) on Ribby Road, west of Kirkham. As well as enjoying its own state of the art facilities within the Junior School site, the Junior School also has access to Senior School facilities, including an Astroturf pitch and Multi-purpose Hall.
There are nearly 280 boys and girls in school - in more or less equal numbers - aged between three and eleven.
Some children exhibit obvious ability in academic, sporting or creative endeavours from an early age; others do not, and may lack confidence as a result. We strive to discover the aptitudes, build the self-esteem and develop the potential of every one of these children. High levels of individual attention are central to achieving this aim, with the School’s excellent staff the key resource.
- 1 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 2 Antiques Roadshow expert Ronnie Archer Morgan's incredible life story
- 3 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 4 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 5 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 6 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 7 See photos of the last time Ladybower revealed its submerged village
- 8 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 9 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 10 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
We see extra curricular opportunities, easily accessed and essential to every child’s full development. Girls and boys’ sport flourishes at all ages, a full musical scheme is in place and every child has the opportunity to appear in a theatrical production at least once a year.