Lakeland Photo Gallery by Janet Danks
Janet Danks joins our army of amateur photographers recording life around the Lakes
Every photographer worth their salt has a section of their portfolio dedicated to beautiful Lakeland scenes. But you don’t have to be a professional to capture the splendour of this most wonderful corner of the country, as these images prove.
They were taken by a highly capable photographer called Janet Danks, who lives in the North East but spends much of her leisure time in the lovely Lakes. Janet got her first camera 19 years ago and she’s progressed from snaps of her grandchildren to the spectacular landscapes you see on these pages. As autumn approaches, she says: ‘Who needs New England in the fall when we have old England?’
What is it that draws her to the Lakes? ‘Where do I begin? The beauty, the space, the freedom, the peace and tranquillity - all there in bucketfuls.
‘It is a place where I go to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, to unwind and reconnect with my inner self.’
Whenever you go, there’s beauty to be found and our readers clearly know where to find it. The Gallery section of our website is terrifically popular and is home to arguably the greatest collection of photographs from around our region.
Thousands of shots have been uploaded showing everything from bustling towns and cities to the many quieter corners. And of course, the Lake District is one of the most popular locations.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 8 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
To share your photographs, click on the ‘Send us your photos’ link on the left of the page.
You will be asked to register, which is free and also allows you to comment on articles and photographs on the site, to enter competitions and to take advantage of special offers.
Make sure you get Lancashire Life every month when we publish a selection of the best shot submitted by readers.