Made in Cornwall
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by the Cornish landscape that surrounds her, textile designer Helen Round is making waves with her growing range of homewares
With a passion for print and a lifetime love of beautiful fabrics, Helen Round has created a wonderful collection of individually hand printed pieces using the finest quality linen and hemp.
Helen Round is a Cornish designer-maker of contemporary textiles and homewares. Working from her garden studio in Millbrook she is inspired by the beautiful views over the countryside.
Helen’s unique and functional hand-crafted pieces combine high quality materials and processes with ethical production. Her product range includes cushions, lampshades, tote bags, phone cosies, cosmetic bags, napkins, tea towels and peg bags. Helen also designs cards, mugs and coasters.
In January Helen too part in Top Drawer - the UK’s leading event for design-led gifts, lifestyle and fashion accessories. She was one of just 11 new design talents handpicked to take part and show her wares.
‘It was a wonderful opportunity to showcase my designs at a UK event and fly the flag for the Duchy,’ says Helen.
‘During the event, I made some excellent contacts and also received new trade orders from national and international businesses.’
- 1 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 2 Where to find the best ice creams in Kent
- 3 The best place to view stormy skies in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 5 9 of the best afternoon teas in Norfolk
- 6 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 10 10 things to do in Yorkshire during the Bank Holiday weekend
And she will be flying the flag forthe Duchy again later this year when she takes part in Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Autumn Fair after attending in 2013.