Documentary highlights challenges of hosting Standon Calling 2021
- Credit: Haydon Perrior for Here & Now
A short documentary that captures the struggles music festivals faced in 2021 focusses on none other than Hertfordshire's Standon Calling.
Music festivals: a high-risk business (produced by the Financial Times) takes a look at the obstacles Standon Calling - and other festivals - navigated to welcome music lovers and festival goers once again this year.
In Standon Calling's case, for the 15th time.
The documentary, which runs for 20 minutes also features Latitude, British Summer Time, Wilderness and Boomtown.
It includes interviews with organisers, bands and stage hands to find out if British music festivals can bounce back from the pandemic.
For Standon Calling lovers, and for festival goers everywhere, this is one for your tea-break.
Standon Calling 2022 tickets go on sale
- 1 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 4 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 5 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 8 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 9 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 10 Cotswold hauntings and ghost stories
If you missed out on this year's festival, early bird tickets for Standon Calling 2022 are now on sale.
At the time of writing, early bird adult Tier 1.5 tickets are available at £149 plus booking fee.
Also on sale - and selling out fast - are boutique camping spots, which will see you cam in a bell tent or yurt and enjoy luxury toilet and shower facilities during the festival and use of a luggage buggy to deliver all your festival kit to your tent with ease.
Standon Calling will take place next year July 21-24. The line up is yet to be announced but it is expected to include global acts, comedians and emerging musicians and bands
To book tickets or for more information, visit standon-calling.com