New colouring book depicts famous Lancashire scenes
- Credit: Archant
Add colour to iconic scenes from the red rose county.
Colouring books have had somewhat of a reinvention over the past couple of years, as we have been fleeing to the shops to snap up ‘colouring books for grown-ups’. Fans of the craze have praised as them as the ultimate relaxation method, an alternative to meditation and research has even proven that they can benefit your mental health. The rise of colouring books seems to be part of a wider ‘digital detox’, offering an alternative way to switch off and absorb yourself in a creative task. The trend has also spread to the digital media world, as people have been uploading their coloured creations to platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest – with positive responses!
Lancashire seems to be getting in on this colouring craze, as a brand new colouring book has been released which features some of the county’s most recognisable landmarks. The Lancashire Colouring Book: Past and Present is the latest in a popular series of regional colouring books published by The History Press and will feature recognisable landmarks including Lancaster Castle and The Harris Museum and Art Gallery in Preston. The book will also include a range of picturesque vistas including scenes from around Blackpool, Lancaster, Burnley and Morecambe.
The History Press are the UK’s leading local history publisher and decided to embrace the colouring trend as a new series of colouring books with a regional theme is a unique and exciting concept. The book is aimed to appeal not only to tourists but also to locals as it will feature a range of picturesque locations, including rich countryside to sandy beaches to vibrant towns and cities.
The Lancashire Colouring Book: Past and Present is suitable for all ages and abilities and is the perfect gift for any history buff, lover of the county or simply someone who just needs a bit of down time.
The Lancashire Colouring Book: Past and Present is priced at £9.99 and is available form Amazon and Waterstones.
For more information visit www.thehistorypress.co.uk
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 9 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
- 10 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022