Paul Weller announces Forestry Commission gigs.
- Credit: Archant
Paul Weller has confirmed five forest gigs, appearing as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concert programme in spectacular woodland locations across the country.
It’s been thirty years since Paul Weller first exploded onto the music scene, suited and booted, and armed with statement tunes in The Jam. Blending the best of British with his love of Motown, Weller crafted a new landscape in the UK music scene thanks to an impressive portfolio of work including amongst others, Stanley Road, Illumination, 22 Dreams and 2013’s Sonik Kicks all hitting Number One. A significant figure in popular music for the past three generations, he remains a cultural icon.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship. Income from the concerts is spent on improving the woodland for both people and wildlife.
Following on from two sold out Forest Live dates last summer, Paul said of the 2014 shows, “It’s a favourite summer jaunt for me so I look forward to performing in a few of the forests that I haven’t played in a good while”.
Paul Weller plus special guests will be performing:
Saturday 14 June: Sherwood Pines Forest, Edwinstowe, Nr Mansfield, Notts.
Saturday 21 June: Bedgebury Pinetum & Forest, Nr Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
- 1 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 5 The Somerset villages with the strangest names
- 6 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 7 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 On location filming Downton Abbey in the Cotswolds
- 10 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
Friday 27 June: Dalby Forest, Nr Pickering, N Yorks.
Saturday 28 June: Cannock Chase Forest, Nr Rugeley, Staffs.
Friday 4 July: Delamere Forest, Nr Northwich, Cheshire.
Tickets £46.20 (including booking fee) go on sale at 9.00am Friday 17 January from the Forestry Commission box office tel 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.