Photography competition launched by Charingworth Manor in Gloucestershire
- Credit: Archant
A major new photography competition and exhibition is being launched to coincide with the opening of the new conference and events space at the iconic Charingworth Manor Hotel, building on the hotel’s existing association with photography and the local community.
Budding photographers of all ages are being invited to capture an image of a subject of their choosing from one of two categories: a representation of Charingworth Manor, or an iconic Cotswolds scene.
Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel including Nicky Brooks, Head of Creative Arts at Stratford College, Arthur Cunynghame, Head of Creative Campden, and Mike Nicholas, Creative Director at Shock the Senses. It will also include senior executives from Classic Lodges, the hotel group that owns Charingworth Manor.
Selected entrants will have their works exhibited in the hotel during the judging period, and the overall winner will have their entry acquired and displayed in the hotel.
Michael Eastick, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, is excited about bringing contemporary photography to the hotel: “This competition gives us the opportunity to provide any budding photographer’s dream – having the space to exhibit their work and see how people react to their creations.”
The new half million pound Orangery to host events and weddings will be officially opened at a special luncheon event in mid-June, when the competition will also be launched.
The development of The Orangery, which seats up to 140 guests, has been designed to feature one of the most iconic and uninterrupted views of the Cotswolds.
- 1 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 4 8 beautiful towns in Kent to visit over Christmas
- 5 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 6 12 of the best Christmas events in Surrey
- 7 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 9 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 10 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
The closing date for entries is July 27, and judging will commence on August 3 with the winner being announced two weeks later.
To submit entries, or for further information about the competition please contact Tom Berger or Alex Simmons at Gravity London, 0207 330 8810, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.