- Credit: Archant
One of Yorkshire’s most relaxing and innovative gardens at the gateway to the Yorkshire Dales!
Wander through the tranquil surroundings of this stunning 58 acre garden and gain ideas for your own garden, or simply relax on a leisurely stroll.
Find year-round inspiration along the dramatic Main Borders where the RHS experts have chosen contemporary planting to suit the challenging growing conditions. Meander through 200 years of gardening history in the Gardens Through Time, concluding with Diarmuid Gavin’s modern garden. Pick up the latest tips in the Kitchen Garden featuring raised beds, fruit trees and a forager’s garden. Saunter along the beautiful Streamside garden, unearth the hidden treasures in the woodland and take glorious deep breaths in the Scented Garden.
The natural play elements in the garden are just waiting to be explored - young ones can run along the winding Log Ness Monster, get lost in the Log Maze, and swing, climb, relax and play in the new Woodland Tree House.
- 1 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 2 Where to watch the Perseids meteor shower in East Anglia
- 3 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 4 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 5 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 6 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 4 of the best places for open water swimming in Hampshire
- 9 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 10 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
Year round events include activities for all the family - outdoor theatre, guided walks, discovery trails, planting and wildlife workshops, displays and demonstrations. The extensive RHS Gift Shop and Plant Centre is home to a generous array of books, home wares and gifts, as well as a large plant selection with knowledgeable staff on hand. And no visit would be complete without a trip to Bettys Café Tea Rooms to savour a mouth-watering bite in the café or coffee shop, or buy delicious goodies to take home. All in all, a truly memorable and entertaining day out!
RHS Garden Harlow Carr, Crag Lane, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1QB
Tel: 0845 265 8070 SAT NAV use HG3 1 UE
Open all year, except Christmas Day, 9.30am-6pm (4pm Nov-Feb inc). Last entry 1 hour before closing. Entry prices 2013: RHS Members FREE, Adults £7.70, Child 5 -16 £3.85, Family (2plus2) £20.70 Child under 5 years Free