- Credit: Archant
Built as a Bishop’s Palace in 1714, Soughton Halls distinguished residents have included...
Soughton Halls distinguished residents have included a Bishop, two knights, three High Sheriffs, a Chaplin to Queen Victoria, a Lord Chief Justice, a Lord Chancellor’s secretary and in William John Bankes, one of the greatest travellers and collectors of the early nineteenth century.
It was William John who was responsible for re-working Soughton Hall in the 1820s. Inspired by his adventures in the Middle East. His plans were drawn by fellow traveller Charles Barry, later Sir Charles Barry, architect of the British Houses Of Parliament.
When it was purchased by the Rodenhurst family in 1987 the Hall required extensive refurbishment to return it to it’s former glory. John and Rosemary Rodenhurst managed much of the work personally as well as raising their family. Rosemary’s interior design expertise were put to the test again in early 2007 when all the public areas were restored with all decadence and splendour this historic building deserves.
The Stables Bar and Restaurant
- 1 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 2 Heatwave reveals ancient Yorkshire bridge
- 3 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 4 See photos of the last time Ladybower revealed its submerged village
- 5 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 6 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 7 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 8 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
Created from the Hall’s original stables block, the Stables Bar Restaurant draws on a horse racing theme to provide a truly unique setting. Its rustic charm belies the exciting contemporary cuisine that draws a wide audience from across the North West
Executive Head Chef Mark Jones and his team welcome you to The Stables Bar & Restaurant. At The Stables we strive to create modern, exciting & seasonal dishes, cooked to order using the finest locally sourced produce. The Stables offers a range of ‘Classis Dishes’ at lunchtime along with a range of Delicious Sandwiches, while in the evenings we also offer our Signature Dishes. On Sundays we serve our famous Sunday Lunch
Private dining within the Hall is a very special experience which cannot fail to impress your guests. You can choose to enjoy our gardens with a champagne and canapé reception or dine in candlelight within the Hall, surrounded by antiques, fine crystal and silverware.