SPO to perform at Snape Maltings with 72-piece orchestra
- Credit: Archant
International soprano Susan Gritton joins the Suffolk Philharmonic Orchestra for its debut Snape appearance
Fresh from triumphs at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden and around the world, international soprano Susan Gritton will perform with the Suffolk Philharmonic Orchestra when it makes its debut at Snape Maltings on Saturday, October 15.
Susan Gritton will sing Richard Strauss’s mellow, autumnal Vier Letzte Lieder (Four Last Songs) with the 72-piece orchestra in a programme chosen by conductor Leslie Olive for its rich romantic power.
Leslie will also conduct the final moments of Richard Wagner’s sensual story of the lovers Tristan and Isolde, known as the Liebestod and Brahms’s Fourth Symphony, in E minor, his last and perhaps greatest symphony.
Suffolk Philharmonic shares its musicians with major London orchestras, ensuring outstanding playing, and since launching at Bury Festival in 2012, these fully professional performers have enjoyed great acclaim for their series of major concerts in Bury, free daytime concerts in rural communities, and work with children in Suffolk schools.
Tickets from Aldeburgh Music on 01728 687110 or go to www.tickets.aldeburgh.co.uk
Follow the SPO on Facebook – @SuffolkPhilharmonic Website – www.suffolkphil.org
- 1 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 2 Inside the luxury hotel chain coming to Devon
- 3 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 4 11 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 5 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire