Suffolk Hideaways choose their top 3 beaches to visit and stay near
- Credit: Archant
Here at Suffolk Hideaways, we have chosen our top 3 beaches to visit whilst staying in Suffolk. Suffolk Hideaways is a self-catering agency which offer coastal and country retreats, many being dog friendly, family friendly or ideal for a romantic retreat
Southwold in our eyes definitely deserves to be our top beach in Suffolk. Southwold is a charming seaside town boasting a stunning sandy beach with iconic beach huts lining the promenade.
Tempted by Southwold? Then why not make a break of it! We have several holiday cottages which offer short breaks including these 2 brand new properties with stunning views out to the beach; The Listening Station and The Watch Room.
If there is a large group of you, you can book both properties together, The Watch Houses, sleeping 8. Recently finished to a high standard, each property is of the same design, comfortably sleeping four in two double bedrooms. All the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms and the two bedrooms in each property are linked by a modern living / eating area.
Aldeburgh is a bustling seaside town in Suffolk that , as well as having a beautiful sandy and shingle beach, also offers a range of boutique shops on the high street.
Once you’ve visited Aldeburgh you will want to stay longer and we are very lucky to have properties in the heart of Aldeburgh.
These include Number 25 Park Road - a charming dog friendly cottage - 7 Brudenell Street - an elegant terraced property perfect for families - and Danes House, which offers tasteful and sophisticated accommodation perfect for large groups.
- 1 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
- 2 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 3 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 4 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 5 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 6 Saved: Football legend Peter Shilton and wife Steph talk about addiction and their home on Mersea Island
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 9 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 10 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
Thorpeness is a gorgeous dog-friendly shingle beach with brightly coloured houses on the beach front. Thorpeness is also home to a large boating lake which hosts an annual regatta.
With such a stunning beach to visit and also the boating lake you will need more than a day and we have holiday properties just a short distance away from Thorpeness including Marsh View and River View. If you are two couples looking to get away you can book the properties together with Marsh Lodge.
Both apartments are stylishly furnished and overlook Hazelwood Marsh and the River Alde.
Find out more about Suffolk Hideaways