Surrey Hills Chamber Choir named Adult Choir of the Year 2012
The Surrey Hills Chamber Choir was named Adult Choir of the Year at Manchester's Bridgewater Hall last night.
The Surrey Hills Chamber Choir was named Adult Choir of the Year at Manchester’s Bridgewater Hall last night.
After months of preparation, each choir has just eight minutes to impress a panel of expert judges including Paul Mealor, the composer behind the Military Wives’ hit song Wherever you Are and music for the royal wedding.
The national Choir of the Year competition, presented by Greg Beardsell, saw our Surrey representatives take on Choros Amici, Les Sirenes and UCLAN in the adult cateogry.
Founded in September 2005, the Surrey Hills Chamber Choir will now move onto the grand final at London’s Royal Festival Hall on Sunday October 28.
There they will be taking on Lindley Junior School Choir from Huddersfield, Methodist College Girls’ Choir from Belfast, Oxford Gargoyles, Les Sirenes from Glasgow and Ysgol Glanaethwy Senior Choir, Bangor
The event will be broadcast by BBC FOUR and BBC Radio 3.
The Surrey Hills Chamber Choir rehearses on Wednesdays, from 7.30pm to 10pm, at the Wonersh United Reformed Church. For more information, visit www.surreyhills-choirs.co.uk.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon