Surrey Life Landscape Painter of the Year to be announced at exclusive The Art Agency, Esher event
- Credit: Archant
The entries are all in and judged, and here are the finalists for the first Surrey Life Landscape Painter of the Year competition – the winner will be announced at an exclusive event in Esher later this month
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine February 2017
Sadler’s Knob, Reigate Hill, by Bonnita Apperley
Reigate-based Bonnita creates stunning landscapes across Surrey, specialising in oil paintings and etchings of the North Downs.
Poppies on the Path to Pewley Down, by Jane Allison
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 3 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
Guildford-based Jane works primarily as a portrait painter, but is also an enthusiastic dog-walker and inspired to paint the things she sees on these strolls.
Dorking Vista, by Judit Matthews
A member of Tadworth Art Group, Judit Matthews’ favourite mediums are pen and ink with watercolour wash and acrylic, because of the vibrancy that can be achieved with them.
Date for your diary!
The winner of the Surrey Life Landscape Painter of the Year competition will be announced at an exclusive evening event with fizz at The Art Agency, Esher on Tuesday February 28, 7.30pm to 9.30pm. RSVP with your interest in attending to firstname.lastname@example.org - places are available first-come, first-served.
The artworks will then be on show for two weeks and the winning artist will be featured in April’s Surrey Life magazine.