Surrey Sculpture Society at Guildford Cathedral
GUILDFORD Cathedral will be the spectacular setting for a special exhibition by Surrey Sculpture Society this month as part of the cathedral's 50th anniversary celebrations.
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine June 2011
If you are holding an exhibition, or know of a Surrey artwork or artist you think should be covered in these pages, please e-mail us at: email@example.com
GUILDFORD Cathedral will be the spectacular setting for a special exhibition by Surrey Sculpture Society this month as part of the cathedral’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
“The Dean of Guildford Cathedral is an art lover,” explains event organiser, Maggie Butler.
“He saw our members’ sculptures at the RHS Wisley exhibition a few years ago and invited Surrey Sculpture Society to exhibit during this very important time for them.”
The striking building, which was consecrated in the presence of The Queen, should make a perfect backdrop to the diverse range of works by Surrey Sculpture Society members, who come from all over the south east.
The Art of Sculpture runs at Guildford Cathedral from Wednesday June 15 to Sunday July 31. For more information, visit www.surreysculpture.org.uk.
…and a few more Surrey exhibitions
The Ingram Collection at Guildford Cathedral, until Saturday December 31: www.guildford-cathedral.org Surrey Artists Open Studios, from Saturday June 11 to Sunday June 26: www.surreyopenstudios.org.uk Scapes at the Advocate Gallery, Ashtead, from Friday June 10 to Thursday September 15: 01372 274068 Inspired by the Past at Guildford House Gallery, from Tuesday June 14 to Saturday September 10: 01483 444751 Watts Gallery in Compton reopens on Saturday June 18: 01483 810235
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons