The 2019 Lancashire Life photography competition - winners revealed
We reveal the winners of our photography competition sponsored by Wilkinson Cameras
This beautiful shot of a misty sunrise in the Langdale Valley has won our 2019 readers' photography competition.
It was taken by Ian Bolton, who has won a Canon EOS M50 camera with a 15-45mm lens, worth £649, provided by competition sponsors Wilkinson Cameras.
'Photography has always been a hobby but I've only ever entered one competition before - that was the Lancashire Life competition in 2010 and I was a runner-up,' he said.
'My mother-in-law encouraged me to send some in this year and when I looked there were only two or three days left before the deadline so I almost missed out. I was amazed when I heard I'd won.'
Ian, who works as a chartered engineer in the aerospace industry, took the picture on a Nikon D7000.
He said: 'I am a keen walker and mountain biker and I always have a camera with me. If you go out to take a certain picture you will be restricted by the light and the weather. But if you have the camera with you all the time you can get the photo.
- 1 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 4 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 5 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 10 Cotswold hauntings and ghost stories
'This shot was taken near Skelwith Bridge,' he added. 'We have a lodge up there and the shot was taken about a 15 minute walk away from there early one morning.
'I've given prints to quite a few family members over the years as Christmas presents and I've used websites to make calendars to give as gifts as well. But I don't have to this year, I'll just tell them all to buy Lancashire Life!'
Ian's shot was voted into first place by our panel of judges - including editor Paul Mackenzie and David Parkinson from Wilkinson Cameras - who this year went for a Lake District top three.
A sunset image taken by Javier Rosado at Wastwater won the second prize of a £150 Wilkinson Cameras gift voucher, with John Cobham taking the £75 gift voucher third prize for his shot of Derwentwater.