The Chaddeans - Poulton-le-Fylde church musical theatre group celebrate 40 years
- Credit: Archant
A musical theatre group opens up its scrapbook for readers after 40 years of fun. David Upton reports
A show that has been 40 years in the making marked a special anniversary for a church musical theatre group in Poulton-le-Fylde.
The Chaddeans celebrated their founding – in 1973 – with a production called Hooray for Hollywood, that included excerpts from shows down the years, and featured several of their long-standing members either on stage or as special guests.
It was a sell-out success every night and also raised funds for the church hall in which they perform.
The Chaddeans are part of the ancient parish church of Poulton-le-Fylde, and were brought together from several concert parties that performed in various church organisations.
Fun, fellowship and friendship have been their guiding principles, and with a cast for this latest performance ranging in age from three to 80-plus they stick to that script.
Director Sara Mills, a former professional dancer, again brought her skills to bear with a fast-moving show featuring scores of song and dance performances from the movies.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 8 great family walks in the North West
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 9 6 great walks near Skipton
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
Chairman Wendy Barnes calculates that with more than 60 shows down the years the Chaddeans have raised thousands for charities ranging from a local scanner fund to national appeals for the Japanese tsunami victims and Help For Heroes.
Are you a member of an organisation celebrating a special anniversary that deserves coverage in Lancashire Life. If so, contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org