The Chaddeans - Poulton-le-Fylde church musical theatre group celebrate 40 years
- Credit: Archant
A musical theatre group opens up its scrapbook for readers after 40 years of fun. David Upton reports
A show that has been 40 years in the making marked a special anniversary for a church musical theatre group in Poulton-le-Fylde.
The Chaddeans celebrated their founding – in 1973 – with a production called Hooray for Hollywood, that included excerpts from shows down the years, and featured several of their long-standing members either on stage or as special guests.
It was a sell-out success every night and also raised funds for the church hall in which they perform.
The Chaddeans are part of the ancient parish church of Poulton-le-Fylde, and were brought together from several concert parties that performed in various church organisations.
Fun, fellowship and friendship have been their guiding principles, and with a cast for this latest performance ranging in age from three to 80-plus they stick to that script.
Director Sara Mills, a former professional dancer, again brought her skills to bear with a fast-moving show featuring scores of song and dance performances from the movies.
- 1 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 4 On location filming Downton Abbey in the Cotswolds
- 5 Isle of Wight to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 Cotswold guided walks: The benefits of walking with friends
- 8 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
Chairman Wendy Barnes calculates that with more than 60 shows down the years the Chaddeans have raised thousands for charities ranging from a local scanner fund to national appeals for the Japanese tsunami victims and Help For Heroes.
Are you a member of an organisation celebrating a special anniversary that deserves coverage in Lancashire Life. If so, contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org