The Countrywide Great Tour
- Credit: Archant
Here’s the Somerset route
The Countrywide Great Tour arrives in Somerset on 24 August when the riders take in Exmoor and head for the town of Porlock.
The following day (25 August) the team has a few climbs to contend with before the route heads off towards Minehead and the backdrop of the Quantock Hills.
The tour will then cross the River Parrett, which flows through Dorset and Somerset and carry on north towards Burnham on Sea and Berrow.
Stage 53 ends in along the vast expanse of beach at Weston-Super-Mare.
On 26 August, the riders will set off from the town and head along the flat route of excellent cycling routes towards the Welsh border.
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 3 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 4 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 5 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 6 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 10 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021