The Countrywide Great Tour
- Credit: Archant
Here’s the Devon route
In Devon the Countrywide Great Tour will arrive in Seaton on 15 August, at the end of a 100 kilometre ride from Poole along the stunning Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
The following day (16 August) the cyclists will head along the beautiful East Devon coast, through Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth and along both sides of the Exe estuary before following the coast down to the historic town of Dartmouth.
The next day (17 August) the riders make their way along the South Devon coastline past Slapton Sands, Salcome and Burgh Island before dropping down into the naval port of Plymouth.
Six days later, after cycling the coast of Cornwall, the riders will return to Devon on 23 August on a north coast route that begins in Padstow, Cornwall, and ends on the famous steep cobbled streets of picture-postcard fishing village Clovelly.
On 24 August the cyclists continue through Bideford, Barnstaple and Ilfracombe and then along the dramatic ‘hidden coast’ of Exmoor above the Bristol Channel and on into Porlock in Somerset.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great cafes
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit