The Divine Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Dorset - Advertisement Feature
Once again some of the most beautiful cathedrals and abbeys in the south will resound with the harmonies of a selection of glorious music written by several masters of melody.
The Divine Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
Once again some of the most beautiful cathedrals and abbeys in the south will resound with the harmonies of a selection of glorious music written by several masters of melody. The lyrical genius of Mozart, Dvor�k, Elgar and Schubert is explored in a concert that features the talents of both the strings and the winds of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, in a tour that takes the orchestra to Romsey Abbey (17th September), Christchurch Priory (18th September) and Sherborne Abbey (23rd September).
The first leg of the tour sees BSO favourite Duncan Riddell direct the full Symphony Orchestra through a wonderfully diverse set of pieces of classical music ranging from Dvorak's exhilarating syncopated-feel Wind Serenade to Schubert's beautifully flowing and playful Symphony No.5.
For a newcomer to classical music, witnessing it being performed in such a magnificent venue is an ideal place to start, as the music is made even more extravagant by the surroundings of the beautiful architecture, as if the music was written in such a way to compliment the curves of the archways and the colours of the stained glass windows.
While classical music and churches may seemingly go hand-in-hand, it is not common place for an orchestra to tour places of worship, making September a very exciting month for orchestra concert goers, and at the same time very different compared to July and August, having just played in the grounds of large stately homes across the south (including Wilton House near Salisbury and Osborne House on Isle of Wight).
For further information, please visit our website http://www.bsolive.com/
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich