The Harrogate Film Festival comes to town
- Credit: Archant
A new type of annual festival to delight film buffs in Harrogate from March 2017
Becoming a major town event in March 2017, Harrogate Film Festival aims to delight film-watchers and film-makers alike by staging unique and innovative events around the historic town of Harrogate on 3rd, 4th & 5th March 2017 using a variety of different venues to showcase cinema.
The main festival in 2017 will go beyond the screen to provide innovative film-based experiences and educational experiences for film-makers as well as an opportunity to showcase their work, develop their skills and learn from experts. Events will be held across the town from more experience events, workshops for filmmakers and actors, screening independent cinema from around the world and also holding a number of events around this year’s festival theme - the future of film.
Six competitions will be running across the festival weekend in the genres of drama, comedy, thriller, romance, music and documentary. With over 300 submissions from over 30 countries already this independent film competition is sure to be a cracker and it is still open for submission.
The festival will be at venues such as Harrogate Theatre’s HIVE, The Crown Hotel, Mercer Art Gallery, Harrogate’s latest social hangout Revolution De Cuba and many more to be announced very soon.
Yorkshire Life will also be sponsoring the British Cinema Film on the 5th March at The Crown Hotel. The event will be looking at some key milestones in the world of British Cinema from the very start to today in an interactive exhibition. Join in and reminisce with some modern greats and cult classics.`
You can also the schedule of events and showings visiting www.harrogatefilm.co.uk/events.
Tickets are now on sale for warm-up events and selected main festival events which can be booked at Harrogate Theatre Box Office on the phone on 01423 502116 or in person at the Box Office. They can also be booked online at www.harrogatefilm.co.uk.
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
- 9 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 10 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022