The Surrey Hills Artists exhibition at Denbies, Dorking
All living and working within our county's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Surrey Hills Artists will be showing over 120 original paintings at Denbies' stunning vineyard this month.
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine March 2011
Exhibition of the month: All living and working within our county’s Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Surrey Hills Artists will be showing over 120 original paintings at Denbies’ stunning vineyard this month.
Much of their work is inspired by the spectacular local landscape, but the subjects also range from townscapes and animal portraits to abstracts.Appearing with the group for the last time before returning to her homeland in the US, Nancy Groff Witton will be among those showcasing their work.
Others include Pam Shingler, Barbara Felts, Penelope Corlett, Celia di Massimo, Ann Stringer, Verity Darby, Gillian Manners, Audrey Mitchell, Janet Billham, Marion Tremlett and Gillian Hein.
The Surrey Hills Artists are at Denbies Vineyard Gallery, London Road, Dorking RH5 6AA from Monday March 14 to Sunday March 20. Further exhibitions for 2011 are planned in Haslemere in June and Dorking in November. For details, see www.surreyhillsartists.co.uk
…and a few more art exhibitions around Surrey
Structures: Sunflowers and Steam Engines at the Fountain Gallery, East Molesey, from Tuesday March 1 to Sunday March 13: 0208 941 5865
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
Croydon Art Society at the Clocktower Galleries, Croydon, from Saturday March 5 to Saturday March 19: 0208 253 1030
Spring Open Exhibition at the Runnymede Gallery, near Egham, from Saturday March 5 to Sunday March 27: 01784 432436
Wey Ceramics at the Harvey Gallery, Guildford, from Monday March 7 to Saturday March 19: harveygallery.co.uk
FAME – Four Artists at the Bank Gallery, Chobham, from Tuesday March 15 to Sunday March 27: 01276 858657