The ultimate guide to race week in Cheltenham
- Credit: Archant
Take a safe bet with our guide to Cheltenham Festival and find out where some of the town’s best restaurants, pubs, bars and hotels are for race goers during Gold Cup Week.
Whether you’re a seasoned racecourse punter or it’s your first time at Cheltenham Festival, this comprehensive guide will give you the low down on some of the best places to eat, drink and spend your winnings in Cheltenham during race week.
A background to the festival
With head down and full gallop towards the greatest jump racing Festival on earth, we go behind the scenes at Cheltenham Racecourse to find out everything you need to know about the Cheltenham Gold Cup - read all about it here.
Where to go for a race week breakfast
Begin Cheltenham race week with one of the top breakfasts in the Cotswolds as our guide takes the gamble out of where to go for a winning Full English, in and around Cheltenham. Find out where to start your day here.
Bars and pubs near Cheltenham racecourse
Whether you’re celebrating your wins on Ladies Day or commiserating your losses from the Gold Cup – we share our local knowledge on some of the best bars and pubs to head to after a day at The Festival.
Where to eat after a day at the races
Hungry after all that daytime drinking? Soak up the alcohol with some of Cheltenham’s most delicious cuisine. See the below links for some of the best restaurants this Cotswold town has to offer.
Want to know where to stay for Cheltenham Gold Cup? Make sure you book a room at one of the Cotswold’s most luxurious hotels for Cheltenham Festival 2017. Be quick though, as rooms sell out for race week very quickly! Find out more, here.
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon