6 great walks near Knutsford
- Credit: Archant
Many people head to Knutsford for the shops, restaurants and hotels, but the surrounding area has a diverse array of countryside walks that are often overlooked. All these walks commence within a ten mile radius of the town, which make them perfect for a day trip.
1 mile from Knutsford
Tatton Park has over 1000 acres of mixed parkland that is open to the public, this includes a deer park, two meres and woodland. This walk sets off from the centre of Knutsford and goes on to explore the Tatton Estate.
4 miles from Knutsford
Explore the area around Plumley, a small village just a few miles south of Knutsford. The added bonus is that Plumley's train station has a regular service to both Chester and Manchester Piccadilly, making it easily accessible for those without a car.
- 1 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 2 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 3 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 6 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
- 7 16 of the best beer gardens in Essex
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 10 10 pubs with pretty beer gardens in Canterbury
Over Peover and Peover Park
4 miles from Knutsford
This walk explores the area around Over Peover, you will pass by the Grade I listed St Lawrence's Church and explore the area around Peover Hall. The iconic Lovell Telescope at Jodrell Bank can be seen in the distance on this route.
5 miles from Knutsford
In this walk across Cheshire's farming country, we stride across some muddy fields and admire a church that was built in the late 18th century.
Mobberley and Great Warford
6 miles from Knutsford
This walk starts out at Mobberley and takes us around Great Warford, a place that has links with a few famous Cheshire residents from the past and present.
Arley and Great Budworth
8 miles from Knutsford
While Tatton is the obvious choice when looking for a walk around a stately home around Knutsford, Arley Hall is just 8 miles away, and the village of Great Budworth is always a delight to visit.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change.