Cornwall pub walk named second best in the UK
- Credit: Greg Rosenke
There’s nothing better after a long hike than rewarding yourself with a cold pint and a bite to eat, and now new research has revealed the 10 best pub walks across the UK.
Park Leisure analysed the Google Reviews of pubs located along Britain’s favourite walks, and the scenic coastal hike from Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay took top spot, based on both the quality and quantity of refreshment options.
There are an impressive 49 pubs close to the 6.8-mile trail, with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5. The Arch and Abbey is the highest rated of these, scoring 4.7.
Lisa Williams, Director of Marketing and Holiday Sales, at Park Leisure, said:
“It’s great to see some of the most stunning walks the UK has to offer being spotlighted in our research. Working up an appetite is all part of the fun of a big walk and there’s ample opportunity for people to get out and do just that up and down the country.
“We encourage anyone that can to get out and experience the very best of the British outdoors, just don’t forget about all the excellent pubs and restaurants along the way!”
St Ives to Zennor
Taking into account both the quantity and quality of the pubs on these magnificent walks, the second placing walk was the St Ives to Zennor Walk. There is an offering of 37 pubs with an average rating of 4.4, and a particular pub that stands out from the crowd being The Pilchard Press Ale House, with a rating of 4.8.
The walk consists of following the coast along from St Ives so be prepared for some hills as you go. Pick up the coastal path from the west side of Porthmeor Beach and keep going until you reach your destination. You can check the full walk guide here.
You can also find more pub walks in Cornwall here:
To find out more visit the Parks Leisure website.
- 1 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 2 Scarborough's spectacular BIG day out for national Armed Forces Day
- 3 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 4 12 fab things to do in Paignton
- 5 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 6 I've been taking time out - here's why, says Susie Fowler-Watt
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Mike Lowe: How to spot an imposter
- 10 A walk around Whitstable Coastal Trail and Oyster Walk
Want more from Cornwall Life?
- Breath taking Cornish coastal locations to watch the sun rise
- The best coves and harbours in Cornwall
- The latest spirit in Cornwall