10 great riverside walks in and around Cheshire
- Credit: Archant
There are few finer things than exploring the countryside surrounding the many rivers situated across the county.
This walk from Wincle explores the Cheshire part of the Peak District and takes in part of the route of the River Dane.
A great walk around the heart of the city of Chester which follows the River Dee and takes in some historic sites.
This walk around the village of Hale, (not the one near Altrincham) explores the wildlife and spectacular views across the Mersey estuary.
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 3 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 5 Great pubs with pretty beer gardens in Kent
- 6 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
- 7 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 10 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
This water themed walk from Nantwich allows you to experience both the Shropshire Union Canal and the River Weaver.
Another walk exploring the River Weaver, this one takes you to what was once the centre of Cheshire - Bostock Green - between Northwich and Middlewich.
We head for Styal for a walk which combines river and woodland with the din of international air travel, the River Bollin s very pretty as it meanders through this woodland close to Quarry Bank Mill.
The leafy village of Prestbury is another opportunity to experience the River Bollin as it runs through the west side of the popular spot.
Another walk that takes in more than one significant waterway. This route takes us along the Peak Forest Canal and beside the River Goyt in Marple.
Another walk close to Marple that also takes in the Peak Forest Canal as well as the River Etherow.
A walk that runs just outside of Chester, takes in sections of the River Gowy.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change.