Dawn Chorus Experience at Bostraze Nature Reserve
- Credit: Archant
Join Cornwall Wildlife Trust, Cornwall’s leading local wildlife charity protecting Cornwall’s wildlife and wild places in a fantastic opportunity to visit their new Bostraze Nature Reserve at dawn to hear the nature reserve’s birdlife welcome another spring morning with birdsong.
· Wednesday 9th April 2014 – 6:30am to 9:00 am
· Guided Dawn Chorus walk on Cornwall Wildlife Trust’s new Bostraze Nature Reserve to see what birds are breeding in this fantastic wetland.
· Meet at 6.30 am at Woon Gumpus Car Park SW 394 334, off the North Road (B3318) opposite the turn to Trewellard.
· Please note there is a 10 – 15 minute walk into the nature reserve
· Cornwall Wildlife Trust’s Wild Penwith event supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund
- 1 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 7 places for the perfect picnic in Dorset
- 4 Cornish Legends: The Mermaid of Zennor
- 5 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 6 Blossom varieties to spot while out walking this spring
- 7 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 10 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
· Free event
· BOOKING ESSENTIAL call Martin Rule 07854 123 877
· Sorry no dogs
Local bird expert Martin Rule will be on hand to help you spot birds and talk about what birdlife breeds on this spectacular site. You may hear birds such as the grasshopper warbler with its insect-like trill or the tiny willow warbler which has a beautiful fluid warble and lays eggs so tiny they weigh less than a one pence coin! Bostraze Nature Reserve in west Penwith was recently purchased thanks to generous support from the Heritage Lottery Fund, public donations and a legacy left to the Trust by Mr Shepherd.
The walk will take about 2.5 hours over very wet and uneven ground so please wear wellies and suitable outdoor clothing. Binoculars would be useful, so do bring them if you have any, but they are not at all essential.
Please call Martin Rule on 07854 123 877 to book your place